Installing a new roof is an investment in the future and there are a lot of decisions involved in the process. Most of us think about the materials and the installers, and while these factors are important, there are other choices to consider.
Here are some other things to consider for getting the most out of your new roof.
Installing over Existing Roofing
Can you install a new roof over your existing one? Well, it depends on what type of roof you already have and the new roof you want to install. If this is an option, your installer will also need to inspect the existing roof. If there is no significant damage to the shingles, new shingles can be laid over the top. Installing over an existing roof is easy and time-saving option.
Your roof’s coating is dependent on the material you use. Colorbond roofs are manufactured to meet Australian standards and a single sheet is comprised of 5 layers for superior protection.
1. The sheet is manufactured to the required strength and grade as listed by Australian regulations
2. The base is coated with BlueScope's metallic coating
3. A thin pre-treatment layer is applied to allow for maximum optimisation of further adhesion
4. A corrosion inhibitive primer is then baked onto the surface of the sheet
5. Finally, specially manufactured exterior grade paint is applied to ensure the metal doesn’t rust, chip or flake.
Ventilation is a necessity for any new or existing home. When installing a new roof, you need to consider what sort of ventilation system your home needs. At One Stop Roofing, we have three ventilation systems for your home:
· Super Vent – ideal for homes (and sheds) with tile or metal roofs. Made from UV resistant polymers, this wind driven ventilator, removes warm and stale air from your roof space, allowing cool air to ventilate your home.
· Maestro – this ventilator can be connected to a thermostat to supply moist air. The thermostat must be in either a room or roof space in order to adjust its temperature. Suitable for all roof types, the Maestro can be wired to work with other devices.
· Hurricane Turbine – the hurricane turbine is a leader in home ventilation. Ideal for any conditions, this ventilator can reduce the build-up of heat in a building. Don’t worry about the size; this turbine will help you reduce carbon emissions as it uses less energy!
With every big investment, be sure to check the warranty on the product. If anything were to happen to your roof, you want to be sure you are covered. One Stop Roofing supplies the famous BlueScope brand, which comes with a 35-year materials warranty. Talk to our team for more information about warranties on your selected product.
No two roofs are the same, which is why we are committed to helping you make the right choice. With nearly 30 years in the roofing industry, our knowledge is invaluable. If you would like to learn more about our roofing supplies, get in touch with One Stop Roofing today.