Metal roofing is used around Australia for just about all types of buildings. It’s very popular, and not just for its lower costs. Modern metal roofing has many different extra benefits that make it a superior form of roofing in so many ways.
Metal Roofing Essentials
Metal roofing has been used since colonial days in Australia. Modern metal roofing, however, is a long way from the old “tin roofs” of the classic past. The materials have evolved and so have the technologies. Modern metal roofing is tough, elegant, designer roofing that is used on everything from the most expensive mansions to the latest commercial and industrial roofs.
These are the essential points about metal roofing and roofing materials:
- Metal roofing is super-tough, very durable, and extremely long lasting. It’s an instant cost reduction on roofing over the life of the building. It compares very favourably to all other types of roofing in this regard.
- Sheet metal roofing is also very high quality. Forget the “tin roof” mythology; this roofing comes in a vast range of different ribbings, galvanised or Zincalume, and is used in some of the toughest environments in Australia.
- Metal roofing repair is a lot cheaper than other types of roofing. It can be repaired properly, quickly, and efficiently for minimal cost and labour time. (This is one of the reasons large commercial buildings invariably use metal roofing; the net cost or repairs and maintenance over time is considerably lower.)
- Metal roofing insulation is state of the art. In the old days, insulation was a matter of batts and other materials being stuffed into the roof cavity. Now, metal roofing uses dedicated insulation which is as good as, or arguably better, than other types of insulation.
Choosing Metal Roofing
There are many types of metal roofing available on the market. The choices are pretty indicative of the vast selection of design options and practical onsite roofing solutions available for all types of buildings.
- Colorbond roofing: Colorbond roofing is differentiated from the other types of metal roofing by the famous Colorbond range, which includes fabulous design possibilities. This iconic Aussie roofing is used by designers, architects and renovators, Australia-wide. Colorbond roofing comes with a vast selection of colours and the Colorbond reputation for excellent performance.
- Sheet metal roofing: This is a generic name for a vast range metal roofing products and brands. Still popular after years on the market, sheet metal roofing is an excellent option for any home or building. Modern sheet metal roofing is a good all-round option for anything from a home to outbuildings, outdoor living areas, and just about anywhere you need a good roof.
Your One Stop Roofing Shop for Metal Roofing in Sydney
One Stop Roofing offers a huge range of metal roofing solutions for homes and commercial buildings in Sydney. Call us or contact us online and talk to our roofing experts about your needs. We’re here to help, and we can assist you with all aspects of roofing selection, design choices, and practical guidance.